Thursday, April 19, 2012

Birthday Confessions

Birthday Confessions!!!!


30 years ago on April 19th God made a little girl, He already knew how broken her body would become, and how her heart would ache, He knew her strengths and her weaknesses.  He wrote a book, carefully titled each chapter, and thoughtfully wrote on each page... He made sure to include much humor, drama, love, and grief. (because what's a good book without all that!?) He didn't need to proofread it, because He knew He could edit it later, and when He was done it was published with The Turner publishing company!

We all have a book, written by our maker, each one is a beautiful novel, always worth publishing! Celebrate your life, tell people about your book, allow your author to continue to write!

Confession- I've never been big on celebrating my birthday, I have no fear of age, or getting older, it was just never a big thing for me. This year, I feel renewed, refreshed, stronger, wiser, more beautiful, healthier.... and the list goes on.
I realized that I didn't feel worth celebration, that I didn't feel special, or happy. No matter how much I tried to fill my life with things that would make me happy, I wasn't. When I was younger it was "friends" and things, and substances, as I got older it was my husband and then my kids. As amazing as some of those things ( not the "substances") are and can be, they can't and won't and didn't make me happy! (not a lasting happiness)
I had to realize that I am worth celebration, not because I'm some incredibly special person, but because my author thought I was worth it enough to write my story. He created me, He made me in His image.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made! Psalm 139;14

Celebrate whether it's your birthday or not, your author took the time to write your story, it's not over yet. You are fearfully and wonderfully made!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment