Friday, April 27, 2012

Confession: I struggle daily to find my motivation...


Confessions: I struggle daily to find my motivation....


I'm pretty sure this one can apply to you no matter where you are in journey, wife, mother, high school, college.... wherever you may be.  Every area of your life requires motivation, but it's the same thing for all areas. For a long time I thought I just had no motivation, then it hit me... There really is no such thing as no motivation, if I decide to sit on my rear all day and watch television and stuff my face with food, you might say "she's lazy and has no motivation". But really, my motivation would be that I don't care about myself. If I don't care about myself then that's what motivates me to do nothing. (just an example, not real life. haha)

So what is your motivation?? What drives you to do or not do certain things in life. Here's where I open up and share some of my motivations, and how I want them to change, or how I've worked on changing them.

Mothering: Old motivation: Raise my kids to fulfill every ones expectations, and to always behave "appropriately" so that I would be perceived as a "good mom". That is so crappy!!!

New Motivation: Raise them and guide them according to their individual personalities and help them to see gifts and help them to grow. I haven't perfected this yet, but I spend everyday working at it.

Wife: Old motivation: Making sure that my husband is always happy, that he has freshly cooked dinner every night, and a clean house, and cleans clothes, not ever arguing.... the list goes on. (btw none of which he asks or demands) I wanted to be seen as the "perfect wife"

New Motivation: To make sure that our relationship is always centered around God, to fulfill the journey together that he has sent us BOTH on.

I could seriously pick at every area in my life and tell you what my motivations used to be and what they are now, but I have had so many changes in my life, that it would be a really long list!

For me, I found that I had just a couple of different things that motivated me: what others thought about me was a huge motivation... There are times when my motivation was lack of care or concern for myself...

 What motivates you will determine the outcome of whatever you are trying to accomplish. By living my life according to how others thought I should, caused me to lose myself and a sense of what I'm here for. It took me a while to find myself again, but I did!! I've had to completely reprogram my brain, and evaluate every thought that I have and what my motivation is.

So again, what's your motivation? Who/what are you living for? There is no such thing as NO motivation, find it, embrace it or change it. Be happy

Confession: My motivation for not taking care of my body is that I just didn't care, this has been a huge struggle for me! My new motivation is to be healthy and happy and a good example to my kids.

Another confession: Okay, there are also other reasons for me not always taking good care of my body, I might be addicted to food! I seriously think about it ALL day!!! It's just that now, I don't eat it every time I think about it! LOL

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Julie! You are so eloquent! I could so relate and I am so glad that you've figured these things out at your age...there are so many people far older than you (like me) that didn't figure this out until much later or STILL haven't figured it out yet! I want to write the one of the pastor's wife's old and new motivations! :)
    Great job! Keep up the blog!! I enjoy it!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete