Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Confession/Warning: Grouchy Mama in the Morning

 Grouchy Mama in the Morning


I can remember my mother telling my brothers, "Just leave her alone, she's a bear in the morning!!! " I suppose I always thought that when I got "older" and had kids that I would miraculously become a morning person.... That sounds like a joke when I think about it now...because now that I'm "older" and I have kids, I can with full confidence say..... Don't mess with me in the morning, I'm like a bear!!

I try, I really do.... I want to be one of those women that get up before the sun, spend quiet time alone with God, and start the everyday with a fresh loaf of bread or muffins. The reality is that the best way to get bread or muffins in my house is to ask me to make them the night before. And as far as spending some time with the Lord, well I make the time, but it is by no means"quiet".

Now, I might have a better shot at becoming a morning mama if I could sleep at night, but my lovely children have yet to allow me to do that. I'm cool with that... as long as they don't mess with me too early in the morning!  I hear people say "One day you will be dragging your kids out of bed". You are joking right??? If they are sleeping, then I plan on also being asleep... I have a feeling that they will get plenty of pink slips for being late to school....

I wish I could say that coffee helps, but really it just fuels the fire because then I want to be left alone to drink my coffee! Maybe I sound like a bad mother to some of you, but this blog is called Confessions. So I've embraced my morning moodiness, I make no attempt to accomplish anything other than feeding my children, drinking my coffee and loving on my babies.

 I have to daily remind myself that I am the mood setter in my home, so if I desire a home filled with peace and joy, than when I get out of bed I have to bring my mama down and leave my bear up... I haven't perfected this yet, just ask my kids, but I am trying!!!

How about you, do you struggle with morning, or just being the mood setter in your home? Share your struggles, tips, goals, and accomplishments!

Confession: I hate mornings and I suck at them.... I'm not always the peacemaker in my home, sometimes I'm the one that prevents the peace, and I think maybe if I had chocolate cake every morning that then I would be on point!! But then I would be writing a confession about all the weight I gained, so for now I will allow myslef to be renewed my God, and face my daily struggle head on!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe nobody comment on this! LOL. I will keep it short. I can relate 1,000,000%. I have to pray before I even open my eyes for God to please give me the strength to not be a bitch and be nice to the kids when they annoy me even before pouring my coffee...sorry for the B word , but like you said, this is confessions. Thank you again for being so honest. At times I think I feel like a bad mother for feeling and thinking this way but we are human and we are never going to be happy 100% of the time. I believe the quicker we accept that we can never be happy all the time, the happier we will be ( if that makes any sense)

    ReplyDelete