Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Confession: It's good for the soul (So is chocolate cake!)

Confession: It's good for the soul (So is chocolate cake!)


Okay, so I know that chocolate cake isn't good for your body but I personally have not met a woman that would argue that it's not good for your soul! (Really chocolate anything will do)Let me tell you a very small bit about me! If you know me well then you will expect nothing but honesty from me, if you don't know me well, you will soon find out! A few things that I am are... A wife, mother, friend, daughter, sister... I'm more than this, but these stand out. I'm not always good at these things, but who is ALWAYS good at anything?!?! I love my family and friends, and most people in general but I don't always like everyone and I'm sure that plenty of people don't always like me! Actually there are lots of times I don't even like myself, this is part of the reason I decided to write. Before I start confessing, I suppose I will give you a little bit of my inspiration for starting a blog.

Here is short conversation I hear from other women (and have also thought myself)
-"Wow, this is a great dish! Can I have the recipe?"
-"Oh thanks! But it's a secret...haha"
This seems so innocent right?!?! But really, it's pretty jacked up! If I have you over for dinner with my family and you love my meal and want to make it for your family, then why wouldn't I want for you and your family to enjoy it at home just as much as you enjoyed it with me??? I'll tell you why, because then you might make the dish and it might taste as good as mine (maybe better!) and then I'm not as special or MY recipe isn't as special. This seems so innocent but is just a very small look into how most women really live their (our) lives.... In Secret!!! So here we go...

Confession is good for your soul. I always hear people say this, and once I think about it, I agree. I don't mean confession as in going to a priest, sitting in a closet and confessing all you've done wrong and then saying 5 Hail Marys and 3 Our Fathers and blah blah blah. ( no harm meant if that's something you practice) I mean confession as in just being honest and real with yourself and other women! I keep my feelings, frustrations, hurts, failures, mistakes.... to myself because if others see these things, then what would they think of me!?!? But when I do "confess" these things to someone (other women) I feel so relieved, not only to just be real, but also because in confessing you almost always find out that it's not just YOU.

Women are so hard on themselves and each other, we pick ourselves apart, and when we are hurting we pick everyone else apart. We could be building each other up, supporting each other... how much better would you feel if you knew that ALL women struggle as mothers, wives, friends, leaders, teachers, followers.... Guess what we do ALL struggle with frustrations, and insecurities, and things we feel we are failing at. Acknowledging/confessing these things brings freedom for yourself and frees other women from trying to accomplish unrealistic goals because of the false expectations we've given others! Confession makes you feel free, which feels amazing! And that my friends is why Confession is like eating chocolate cake, because chocolate cake always makes you feel better! (even if it's just a nibble)

So here is my first confession... I'm not very good at computers and just signing up to write a blog took me over 2 hours and lots of tears, AND I neglected my children while doing it! And if I had some chocolate cake, I would so be eating it right now!



1 comment:

  1. Yes! This is so wonderful. So glad you made this blog. Count me in as a frequent flier ;D Miss you! Thanks for sharing! <3

    ReplyDelete