Saturday, May 12, 2012

All we get is one day????

This one is for all the mothers out there that are/or have been up to there elbows in poop, covered from neck to waist in vomit, brow to chin in tears (your own), head to toe in snot... and the list goes on and on and on....

And wait here is the best part... We only get one flipping day!!!! Yeah I said it... I know you all think it... We all say, oh we do it because we love them (which is true), oh it's the most rewarding job, oh we don't need any recognition, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH... Hahaha, okay so those things are true, to an extent, but still....

All joking aside, being a mom is so rewarding, but it is sooooo exhausting! Whether you work outside of the home, or you stay home with your kids (which is WORK) it is an exhausting job.... It takes all your energy, it's physical, emotional, spiritual...

You have this human being that you've been entrusted with, that's a big responsibility, it's a hard thing to do. So you take the step, you decide to do it, to be a mom, and you're excited, and anxious, and scared and thrilled!

Now you're a mom, and you're like, Oh crap, what do I do now??? Why are they crying, what do they need, what's this green stuff, what's this rash, where's that paci, breast or bottle, when will I sleep, where did all my money go??? And then... all the "supportive" people in your life decide that it's their job to tell you how to raise this child, what's the right thing to do, which diapers to buy, breast is best, formula is better, A&D versus Balmex, Dr. Brown's versus Playtex, attachment or not, cry it out or comfort, moby versus mei tai.... No matter what you do, you will be wrong to someone!

But wait, aren't you the one this child will call mama? Aren't you the one that feeds, changes, comforts, LOVES???

My way is better, she shouldn't be doing that, I can't believe she spanks, if that were my child, poor babies, she needs to discipline them more, I can't believe she's still nursing, I can't believe she's not nursing....

Have you heard any of these, or thought/said any of these before? I have! I don't know about you, but I want to make other moms know how awesome they are! Whatever way they decided to do it, whether it's how I do it or not, the point is that they are doing it!!!

So let's try to lift each other up, offer advice not give orders, see in others eyes and not pass judgement, encourage each other, celebrate each others motherhood all the time!!!

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY not just today, but everyday that you are on this FUN journey called motherhood.





No comments:

Post a Comment