Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Confession: I don't strive for perfection..


Confession: I don't strive for perfection

Here it goes.... I'm not perfect, nor do I want to be. I know, I know, this is a huge shock for those of you who know me!!! HAHAHAHA Totally joking... Wait there's more, Your not perfect either!!! I know your dealing with some serious shock right now... take a minute, just breathe........ Okay are your ready now??? If so, keep reading and please don't hate me too much  ;)

I know society tells us to strive for perfection, do more, be more, be better, be greater... And while I don't disagree with doing your best, and not settling for less than God created you to be, I do disagree with striving for perfection...  I don't want to be perfect, I don't want my kids to be perfect.... I don't want to get stuck in an impossible journey to perfection.... This probably seems really silly, you guys are like this chick is off her rocker, and her poor babies!!!

I wasn't made to be perfect, none of us were. If we were perfect, we couldn't possibly realize how much we need our Creator. Not being perfect, making mistakes, even failing, reminds me how much I need Jesus, it reminds me that He created me to want Him, to seek Him, to find Him. It's my daily struggles that are constant reminders of how much I need Him in my life.

Embrace your imperfections and use them as reminders of how much you need Him. Be who He created you to be without going on an impossible journey to perfection!!!

If you are reading this and you don't know who He is, and what He created you for, I would challenge you to find out... Search for Him, and enjoy the journey to finding the Perfect God that created you so beautifully imperfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment